ICF and CCE approved – Earn 6.0 CE’s through the Institute for Life Coach Training
Professional Development Webinar for Coaches & Counselors
Gen Z and Millennial Career Coaching: A 5-Step Model
Three Consecutive Sessions:
- Next Session: Offered Winter 2023
- Check the ILCT Calendar in the Fall
This course is for career coaches and career counselors who work with, or want to work with, secondary and post-secondary students as well as recent college graduates. (This encompasses Gen Z and millennial clients.) You will learn a structured process for helping young adults develop a good fit career plan during the coaching engagement. You will also walk away with a set of off-the-shelf tools to use with clients which will enable them to identify where, within the world of work, they might find a satisfying job at a self-sustaining wage.
The effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on young adults’ career prospects will be discussed.
In this 6.0-hour course, participants will:
- Review the elements of a self-directed approach to career exploration.
- Learn about a 5-Step Model for identifying and pursuing a good fit career path
- Acquire a tool which helps clients/students retrieve comparative information about various career options and discuss ways to help them draw conclusions from their research
- Discuss coaching tools and techniques to use when debriefing the career information gathered by the client. The goal of the debriefing discussion is to facilitate client insight and learning. We will be referring to the Updated ICF Core Competency #7 “Evokes Awareness.”
- Be introduced to a three-part planning tool to help clients/students reach specific career goals when financial considerations, academic performance (GPA or test scores), or opportunity in a locality limit options.
- Learn about factors likely to impact millennials and Gen Z clients who have entered college and/or the workforce during the Covid-19 pandemic.
This course will be offered in three 2-hour sessions.
Interested? For updates:
VISIT THE ILCT CATALOGUE