ICF and CCE approved – Earn 6.0 CE’s through the Institute for Life Coach Training
Gen Z and Millennial Career Coaching: A 5-Step Model
Three Consecutive Tuesday afternoons:
- Tuesday, Feb 23, March 2, and March 9, 2021
- 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. ET
This course is for career coaches and career counselors who work with, or want to work with, secondary and post-secondary students as well as recent college graduates. (This encompasses Gen Z and millennial clients.) You will learn a structured process for helping young adults develop a good fit career plan during the coaching engagement. You will learn a process for guiding clients to test their assumptions about various career options and do the requisite research to make better informed choices about postsecondary opportunities, internships, and initial job opportunities. You will also walk away with a set of off-the-shelf tools to use with clients which will enable them to identify where, within the world of work, they might find a good fit job at a self-sustaining wage. Your students and/or clients will benefit by having a structured process for conducting research on various occupations of interest, as well as increased knowledge about what employers are looking for in the client’s chosen occupation or set of desirable occupations.
The effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on young adults’ career prospects will be discussed.
In this six-hour course, participants will:
- Review the elements of a self-directed approach to career exploration.
- Learn about a 5-Step Model for identifying and pursuing a good fit career path
- Acquire a tool which helps clients/students retrieve comparative information about various career options and discuss ways to help them draw conclusions from their research
- Discuss coaching tools and techniques to use when debriefing the career information gathered by the client. The goal of the debriefing discussion is to facilitate client insight and learning. We will be referring to the Updated ICF Core Competency #7 “Evokes Awareness.”
- Be introduced to a three-part planning tool to help clients/students reach specific career goals when financial considerations, academic performance (GPA or test scores), or opportunity in a locality limit options.
- Learn about factors likely to impact millennials and Gen Z clients who have entered college and/or the workforce during the Covid-19 pandemic.
This course will be offered in three 2-hour sessions.
Tuition Fee – $300
Participants will walk away with strategies, tips, and reusable worksheets to use with their clients.
This course will include interactive activities such as role-play, online research, and discussion.
Both the International Coaching Federation and the Center for Credentialing and Education have approved this course for 6.0 continuing education credits.
Participants will be required to purchase 2 books before the course. These are, “What Color Is Your Parachute for Teens,” and, “Transform Interests Into Jobs: A Career Practitioner’s Guide.”
Purchase on Amazon. Currently both titles are available for $30.44.
Robin is a superb instructor and clearly has expertise in what she is teaching. I appreciated her sharing relevant stories from her coaching practice, inviting representative questions and input from the group while keeping the flow of the conversation moving, assigning us exercises we might offer to our clients so that we would have direct experience, and highlighting the Coaching Core Competencies we will apply in career coaching. I also appreciated her positive spirit and obvious enthusiasm for her niche.
– Lisa T.